Monday, September 6, 2010

Apparently we really cannot make up our minds :)

So R will be going to PreKindergarten this Wednesday for his first day. Yes, I had said before that he would be attending Junior Kindergarten, but when we registered him and she saw his birthdate, she gave us this other option. He will be going three days a week, in with the kindergarten kids, asked to do all the things that the kindergarten kids do, though not graded per se, so if he doesn't want to participate or do them isn't forced to. It'll be like he is auditing kindergarten. And the kindergarten kids who he will be in will will be doing the more "academic" stuff on the two days when he does not attend. Of the afternoon class he will be in - 6 of them will be in pre-K and 12 in K, so a really good ratio. I am nervous and excited all at the same time. And so sad that my little man is now entering a new stage of his life - schooling. And that that is forcing us to enter a new stage - one in which our lives are a little more scheduled and less free to pick up and do whatever we want to do whenever we want to do it. He is growing up WAY TOO FAST! I love him so much and cannot believe he will be leaving me this week, in only two days, to be a big boy with a whole life of which I am not a part. OK, I'm going to stop now before I cry. Talk to y'all later.

No comments: